Thursday night’s episode of Fringe fell 5% on last week with a 1.9 in the adults 18-49 rating (5.27 million viewers).
Head past the jump for the Fringe season 3 ratings listing.
Here are the Fringe season 3 episode ratings so far:
- 3.04: “Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?” – 1.9 adults 18-49, 5.27 million viewers (overnight) (via)
- 3.03: “The Plateau” – 2.0 adults 18-49, 5.19 million viewers (final)
- 3.02: “The Box” – 1.9 adults 18-49, 5.237 million viewers (final)
- 3.01: “Olivia” – 2.2 adults 18-49, 5.83 million viewers (3.1 with Live +7 day DVR factored in)
- Fringe has a fiercely loyal and committed audience.
- Fringe is a DVR monster. Better than the alternative.
- The quality of the show has improved in season 3.
- At this moment in time, there’s not a truckload of Fox shows that could compete in the Thursday spot as Fringe does. (I’ll take that as a ‘positive’ by default, thank you).
- A left-over Season 1 Fringe episode performed well on Monday night earlier this year with very little advertising.
- The adults 18-49 ratings situation (granted, this is a big negative).
- DVR is not considered as important as same day live viewing.
- In 2011 The X Factor and Terra Nova will need to go somewhere.
Personally, I still see more potential in the Fringe ratings prospects. I don’t think any of us here are blind to the situation – it’s not what we hoped it would be, but all things being well there’s still a good chunk of the season left for the ratings to improve. The fans need to remain loyal to the show and keep on doing their little bit to spread the word. Brick by brick, and all that.